Tuesday 9 October 2007

London Transport

Before I moved to London, my expectations of the transport were low.

But having been here for nearly two months I have yet to see any real problems.

It's expensive. I'll give you that. And today I was sat outside Neasden station on a met line train for 10mins. But thats not really all that bad.

It seems to me that Londoners have been spoiled, and in the way that a child can become bratty and selfish as a result of overindulgence, it seems that many Londoners have too.

I went to Warwick Univeristy, and because I would rather have had bamboo stuck down my finger-nails rather than live in Coventry, I lived in Leamington Spa.

For those of you who don't know, that left me with a daily commute of approx. 1 hour. More at rush hours, less at 3 in the morning after a night at the union.

And it was worse than the tube. If you missed a bus, you had to wait. And not just 3 mins. Sometimes 10. Sometimes, even 20. 20 whole minutes. Outside (none of this underground, sheltered malarky - outside, open to the miserable elements of the west midlands).

And so now, being in london I love the tubes. And the buses (90p for a trip to anywhere - amazing!) are even better. And I know that the tubes can be busy and stuffy and smelly and hot, but at least they are there. And if there are problems, there are so many alternatives. And if people really want to winge about transport, they should try the wonders of leamington spa.

No comments: