Friday 12 February 2010

Grooming

Recently, I've been working a lot of early shifts. And early means EARLY - starting at 4am, so waking up at 3am. It's ok once you're in a routine, the shift is fun, and generally I really don't mind it. I have to be in bed by about 8.30, but at least until then I can have a social life.

One thing though that does take a backburner is the old grooming. Getting up that early, I can only really face a shower, washed hair (not dried - too loud and also means getting up 20mins earlier....er no) and obviously warm clothes and UGGS. I won't lie - I hardly look like a dazzling style symbol. In fact, most of this week at least one item I have worn has been inside out.

Now, the upside to starting early is that I finish early. And it is normally after work that I indulge in my grooming habits, and so one would think that given that I am done by midday I would be looking particularly groomed.

But when it is cold, and you are tired, that last thing I really fancied doing was going to my local beauty salon (Sajna, off clapham high street - brilliant. It is open til 11pm, it is cheap, they will always fit you in, and it is even open on a Sunday) and having a brazilian bikini wax.

But on Wednesday I bit my lip and went. And this is when Sajna comes into it's own. In I went at 1.09pm. Had a brazilian bikini wax (OUCH) and got my eyebrows threaded (amazing, definitel worth doing, and a snip at £3) and was out by 1.24. I spent £15, but felt (to be cliched) a million dollars. Sorting out your eyebrows works wonders for your face, and having a bikini wax always makes you feel a little self-righteous.

I then went and got myself a pedicure (45mins of BLISS) and then the ultimate indulgence of an eyelash perm. If you have never experienced this wonder then find the nearest beauticians to you that does this and go NOW. You will love me forever for introducing this phenomenon into our life. You can throw out those gunky eyelash curlers, and everyone will comment on how well you look.

And that is the extent of my beauty regime. It is pretty basic, but it covers the essentials. And the eyebrow/eyelash treatments are the cheapest way to revolutionise your face.

No comments: