Monday 2 November 2009

Height isn't everything

I have a confession. After years of holding out, denying the benefits and refusing point blank to accept any positives about them, I have gone over to the dark side.

Yes. I am talking about Uggs. I remember when I first saw them. They looked like furry wellies. I thought they were hideous. As you may well know, I am a firm advocate of the heel. The higher the better. And yet, in the last few years my opinions have mellowed, and then, this winter, I finally took the plunge and am the proud owner of a pair of tall, black Uggs.

And they are AMAZING. They are like walking on carpet. Or on a cloud. They are like having paws. I can't take them off. I have even managed to reconcile myself to their appearance. And now, after the first true day of winter (cold, clear and crisp) they are about to become permanently fused to my feet.

The only down side has been the number of people that have said "Gosh, you're so small!"

No comments: