Friday 8 January 2010

Bruges: Part 1

Now. My father is very kindly taking myself, my sister and my step-mother to Bruges this weekend. We are only going for one night, to a nice hotel, and out for a lovely dinner.

There is, however, a possible hiccup. The snow.

We are due to go on the Eurotunnel (not as many problems as the Eurostar). But we need to:

1. Get ourselves to said tunnel.
2. Which means getting ourselves and the car off the ice-rink, otherwise known as Brooksville Avenue.

We also have a little time pressure (what good scenario doesn't?) as we must be back on Sunday, and so cannot get stuck over there because:

1. I am working at 4am Monday morning
2. Lucy is due to catch a flight to New Zealand, also on Monday, and this flight has cost her an arm and a leg, not to mention her life-savings.

Jennie (step-mother) decided that we needed to be prepared. We then realised we have no thermos, and the biggest spade we have is one Lucy and I used to use on the beach.

So, before even attempting to get in the car, it is off for a trip down Kilburn High Road to hunt out rather more suitable supplies.

I shall keep you posted on events as they unfold.

No comments: