Friday 8 January 2010

Snow

It's been snowing now for three days, and I must say, that I am delighted.

Despite the fact that very little of it has actually reached me (living in Brixton and all - tad too urban to expect that much) I still feel that sense of surreality. Trains are running funny, the buses are going slightly different ways, and some people are really and truly snowed in.

And yes, many people have started to moan, and criticise the train people, and the airports, and the gritters, but I'm just enjoying it. Yes, the pavements are a little hazardness. I have already fallen down once, and yes it was flat on my bottom, and two very helpful Brixton youths helped me up.

And yes, we all look like we are auditioning as extras for this year's Dancing on Ice. But I wish people would just enter into the spirit, and not complain, and pick holes in council decisions and shortcomings. We never see much of the white stuff, and so while it's here, lets just embrace our inner child, and love it for what it is.


No comments: